With the development of the #FeesMustFall campaign, we realise that students are not adequately equipped to enable themselves to take control of their futures. They are not aware of the various means available to them in order for them to craft a sustainable future. We at Mpact Consulting have a mandate to prepare and empower students to understand the working world and what awaits them when they leave school, giving them options and skills in order to maximise their success in their futures beyond the classroom and lecture halls.
What we have found is that many learners presently find themselves in one of three positions:
- Having the necessary school results and financial means to enter a tertiary educational institution but not being adequately equipped to enter the workplace once they are done.
- Many students currently do not have the financial means or necessary school results to enter into a Tertiary Educational Institution. What they need is access to the basic skills needed to successfully enter the job market and build a solid foundation to a satisfying and fulfilling career.
- Students have little to no access to information for further study or alternate forms of income generation.
The Mpact team proposes to prepare current Matriculants and Grade 11s for the working world with the following programme.
- Intro to the working world.
- Getting a Job
- Interview skills
- Customer Service
- Basic Administration
- Basic Financial Management
- Bursaries, Internships, Tertiary/Further Studies and Entrepreneurship.
Below are important facts about the Programme
- The workshop is facilitated by consultants who collectively have over 20 years experience in Human Resources, Finance, Sales, Hospitality and IT. Full Bios are available on Request.
- A maximum of 25 students per full 3hours session
- There will be a Lead Facilitator present.
- We have put together specialised pricing for schools within the community and the Scholar Programme Fee will be reduced to only 00 per student.
- One on One Consultations are available at R600.00 per hour.
- The date for the programme facilitations will be finalized in 25 student batches once the Scholar Programme Fee has been received
- The Programme Venue will be at the School
- Students are to bring their own Writing Materials to the Programme.
- We are aware that this programme is not only beneficial to learners in school but to the community at large and thus we also run a School Leavers training programme for individuals who have left school already but could benefit from the programme. We encourage you to pass on the details to friends and family whom you think can benefit and invite them to make contact with us. (Please see attached indemnity letters.)
- The Scholar Programme Fee is payable in cash which is to be returned along with the indemnity form to the school.
- Kindly Note that students will only be taken through the programme when an indemnity form has been received, as well as proof of payment.
This initiative is being brought to our Schools and Communities for the first time, if you have any further questions or queries please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref – MPACTQuery or contact Chris on +27 61 360 3630